Welcome to the Cameron Parish Tax Collector's Office where we strive to provide you with courteous and professional service. From this site you will be able to find general tax information.
The parish collector is the collector of taxes for the parish and collects school and improvement district taxes and turns them over to each taxing district. The parish is responsible for collecting all property taxes from the first day of December to the day of the tax sale. By statute, the collector is required to turn over all tax revenue to the taxing district at least once a month.
All taxes become delinquent after December 31, and bear monthly interest of 1% after that date.
If you have questions about taxes owed or concerns about your tax statement, please call the collector's office at (337) 775-5826.
GENERAL TAX INFORMATION
- Payments are due upon receipt and become delinquent December 31st. If payment is sent by mail, it must be postmarked by that date or earlier to avoid any delinquent penalties.
- All taxes paid after April 1st of each tax year must be paid with cash, money order or cashier's check. No personal checks will be accepted after that date.
- Make checks payable to: Cameron Parish Tax Collector
- If you would like a receipt mailed to you, please provide a self addressed, stamped envelope in which to return it. Otherwise your canceled check will serve as your receipt.
- For information on your assessed value or homestead exemption, contact the Assessor's Office, 337-775-5416.
IS MY MORTGAGE COMPANY SUPPOSED TO PAY MY TAXES?
Mortgage Companies make their request for tax statements each year. Their request are mailed to the company before the taxpayers statements are mailed. If you received a tax statement on a piece of property that you think you pay escrow on, then please contact your mortgage company. Forward a copy of your tax statement to your mortgage company for payment along with your loan number. All mortgage companies are required to pay their taxes by December 31st of each calendar year. You may call our office after that date to check if a payment has been made.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A CORRECTION ON MY TAX STATEMENT?
All corrections on a tax statement must be made by the Assessor. Please contact the Assessor's Office at (337) 775-5416. When a correction is made, the collector's office will make the corrections and resend the tax statement.
Thank you for visiting our website and if you have any questions, please contact our office.
Cameron Parish Sheriff's Office
124 Recreation Lane
Po Box 1250
Cameron, LA 70631
Phone: (337) 775-5826
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00pm (Closed for lunch from 12:00 - 1:00)